Saturday, June 16, 2007

Onekahakaha Beach Park...the Keiki Pool...

Onekahakaha Beach Park is located perhaps 10-15 minutes from the heart of Hilo town...it really is a great park and this photo is of the entrance steps to the Keiki (child) pool section.


As you can see there is a sea wall made from lava boulders to quiet down the wave action...the resulting pool is very still and tends to have very little surge...even within this large pool there are smaller and shallower pools separated by natural lava formations...in a couple places concrete steps have been poured to make the trip to the water simpler and easier for the little ones...


On this day we had two "schools" visiting and there was probably 30-40 keikis sitting out eating their lunches before taking the trip back to school, remember how hungry and tired you would be after swimming for the afternoon...I bet that lunch was really good! And I bet 99% of them where asleep before the hit the first turn! I know my kids would be and they are teenagers now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such beauty around you. I like your picture yesterday and also today.

You asked how I tell how many visitors I have? I use that little icon at the bottom on the right side. You can sign up for free at sitemeter and add the html code to your blog. It counts all visitors. You should set it up so it does not count your visits. Also it tells where people come from and what link they used to find you and even what their browers are.

www.sitemeter.com

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

AlohaTrevella said...

Mahalo Abraham! I will check it out...awesome info...