Thursday, June 14, 2007

Lord Of The Ring Trees...


These awesome old trees live at Kings Landing in Hilo, don't they just look like they should be in one of the Lord Of The Ring movies? Or maybe that Tomb Raider movie set in Africa...Cradle Of Life, where the uglies came out of the trees...


This is the way it looked from a short distance...like the whole grove was waiting there...and at any minute would hike up their roots and walk away...you can almost imagine elves dancing a fairy ring there in the center...

It a gorgeous beach park and it was a nice break from buildings, I sometimes forget how very close I am to the seaside at basically all times, usually I am a 5 minute walk to the ocean (from my office) or at most a 15-20 minute drive from home, when I shop at the Farmers market I am literally minutes from having my toes in the pacific (there is no better pedicure than salt water and sand!), this park is about 15-20 minutes from the heart of downtown Hilo and I really need to spend more time there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a huge ocean and I can't imagine living that close to it. The trees are great. I wonder why the root system is so gnarled?

Abraham Lincoln
Today you will get to see the baby raccoons...
Brookville Daily Photo