Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Angels Trumpet and Blue Skies Above...

This is one of my favorite flowers, but it goes by so many names! I have labeled it with my favorite but in addition to Angels Trumpet, I have heard Devils Horn, Devils Trumpet, Cucumber Flower (the bud looks like a cucumber), Angels Horn, Gabrielle Flower, etc... I am not sure where it originally comes from originally, but I saw it for the first time in Hawaii, it also comes in a very soft pink and a creamy color as well as the white.

One of the neatest things about this plant is that the blooms hang upside down, to get this shot I was on the ground looking up, which gave it a nice back lighting affect and some pretty blue sky behind it.

Mahalo to everyone who was concerned over our brush with Flossie, she has weakened and moved further out to sea, I personally don't know of anyone who received any damage from the Hurricane, thank goodness! Sometimes it can be a little spooky to be reminded that we are on a little rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and this week was down right creepy! First we had Flossie the Hurricane, then we receive a 5.4 earthquake from the Volcano, and just today we received a Tsunami warning from that terrible earthquake in Peru! That earthquake in Peru sure does put everything in perspective though, those poor people.

Reminder To Self: Be Thankful!

1 comment:

WichitaKsDailyPhoto said...

Nice of you to let us know all is well on your beautiful island.