Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Puna Canoe Club! Hawaii's AAA 2009 Champions...
Puna Canoe Club has announced its practice/work schedule for the upcoming 2010 season.
* Feb. 27-28: Canoe repair and maintenance.
* March 1: Conditioning program for youth groups, with boys practice from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday; and girls from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
* March 3: General membership meeting, 4:30 p.m. at Hilo Bayfront halau.
* March 15: Race practice starts for youth groups.
* March 20: Novice B men and Novice B women practice, 5 p.m.
* April 5: Men/women practice, 5 p.m.
For additional information, call head coach Afa Tuaolo at 965-7614 or youth coach Joe Kalima at 895-0430.
I bet that paddle fits your hand! Come meet with some of the paddlers and GET IN THE WATER!
P.S. The picture is of the winning Novice B Womens crew from 2009, the short strawberry blond is me :)